April 6th, 2018
By Jason Parr
What would you do if you woke up tomorrow and found out you won 1,000,000 dollars? We all have a small piece of hope in us that we just may be the next lucky lottery winner; it’s why we all continue to buy tickets even though the odds are rarely ever in our favor. Something my mom and I would talk about growing up is what we would do if we ended up winning big, and here’s my plan:
- Donate: I grew up in a big, Irish, religious family, and I know I would have several generations of relatives looking down angrily at me if I didn’t donate some (or all) of my winnings.
- Invest: As a business student I have learned over and over again to never pass up an opportunity to grow your money.
- Travel: Some of the places on my bucket list include Hawaii, Australia, Thailand, Italy, and Argentina. I’d love to be able to say that I’ve visited every continent, but I’ll have to see if I chicken out about Antarctica.
- Adopt several dogs: Growing up I always wanted a dog, but my parents never let me have one! With enough money I would have to get at least 3 and a big yard for them to run around.
- Buy a car that has air conditioning: My 15 year old Mercury Sable just isn’t quite doing the trick for me anymore.
- Mission trips: I’ve gone on a mission trip once before to Piura, Peru and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I still miss the people so much and would love to be able to go back one day, as well as travel to new places to give back.
- Shopping spree: If I’m being honest I have to say that I definitely would take myself to Mall of America for a wardrobe upgrade (but still on a budget of course).
While I hope I am able to accomplish all of these things at some point or another throughout my life, winning the lottery would definitely make it a lot easier. So, how would you spend your earnings?
Categorized in: Uncategorized