May 4th, 2018
By Jason Parr
Sometimes it may seem impossible to finish a project or study for hours for a class you aren’t interested in. How do you find focus, motivation, and endurance to get through times like these? For me personally, it helps to think about the big picture. I remember why I am in school and who I want to be someday. Picturing myself working my dream job in a big city gives me enough motivation to put in as much effort as I can at all times. I know that my hard work will pay off eventually, I just have to continuously remind myself.
Another thing that helps me is to write motivational quotes on post-its and put them around my apartment. This helps me to stay focused and reminded throughout the day that I can do anything I set my mind to. Below I’ve compiled a few of my favorites into a list; comment some of your own favorites below!
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” -Mother Teresa
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” -Rosa Parks
- “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” -Roy T. Bennett
- “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” –Florence Nightingale
- “Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” –Malala Yousafzai
Categorized in: Tips and Tricks