Frequently Asked Questions

Owners of Rental Properties

How often will I receive a management remittance statement?

Owners receive a statement each month which details the month’s financial activity.  In this statement, information on rent received and any expenses are detailed. Also included are copies of any invoices from expenses incurred for work done on the property.

How do you handle maintenance issues?

Owners are notified of maintenance items when we receive a request for maintenance from tenants.  Owners can choose to have their own contractors and/or handyperson perform the work, or we can have our maintenance department perform the work.  An estimate (whenever possible) is provided to owners.  In situations of emergency on the property (i.e. heat goes out at night in the middle of winter, water is leaking, etc..) every effort is made to contact owners, but sometimes action needs to be taken to preserve the property and in these situations, we make every effort to perform needed services at the lowest cost possible.

Do you check up on the tenants often?

We perform exterior property reviews either monthly or every two months, depending on type of property (single family home, condominium, townhome, apartment building, duplex, etc…).  These reviews are documented and done to ensure the property is being cared for.  In the situation of requested maintenance, we review the interior to note the condition of the property and to ensure the property is being maintained.  Limitations on tenant’s right to privacy exist on interior reviews without proper cause, and we respect and follow all applicable and governing rules in this regard.

How do you advertise?

We will place print ads, post signs outside the property (if applicable), advertise on our website, and post on several other online site sand networking communities as well. We also have a very large and completed list and network of potential tenants and referrals from our current tenants.

What do I do if I receive a notice of violation letter?

Contact us and please email, fax, or mail us this notice.  Many municipalities/government agencies may require rental registration, which we assist you with, and on these registrations, information on your property representative is required.  If you receive any letter on violation, please let us know and we will help correct the matter and communicate with the municipality/government agency.

How do I register a complaint about a neighbor?

The best avenue for this depends on the nature of the complaint.  If the matter is something that you feel is severe or at a level that needs the authorities, the best avenue is to contact the local police.  If the matter is less severe, a letter to the neighbor putting them on notice, is a recommended route.  Then, should the matter not be corrected, a later police call/contact, is not unwarranted.

How do I report an after hours emergency?

The best avenue depends on the nature of the emergency.  If the matter is severe and/or of the nature that needs authorities to rectify (burglary, fire, suspicious behavior, etc…) , contacting the police is required and recommended.  If the matter is a property preservation and/or damage situation (i.e. water damage, roof damage, window broke, visible exterior damage, etc…), please contact us and- if needed, your insurance company.

How do I report a non-emergency maintenance concern?

Please contact us and we will arrange maintenance of the matter. Our office hours are Monday- Friday 8am – 4:30pm. Our office phone number is 651-324-2877. You may also fill out our maintenance request form on our  contact page of our website and someone will get back to you within 24-48 hours, depending on nature of maintenance item.

Can assessment payments be made in person?

Municipal and government assessments can typically be paid in person.  If payment is to be made to JSP, we can arrange receipt of the assessment for costs from our services at our office.

How do I sign up for automatic payment (ACH)?

Please complete our payment form and return it to our office via email, fax, or mail.  The form can be obtained from our website under current owners and residents, or by emailing us at  to have a form sent to you.

Who do I contact with questions regarding my monthly statement?

Please contact us and we will gladly address any question on your monthly statement. You can email, call, fax, or mail us – depending on your location and time constraints. There is a form called Billing and Accounting Questions on our website that you can fill out listed on our contact page.  Please understand  we can only provide and or verify financial information upon written request.

Owners in Associations

What Size Associations does JSP Manage?

This depends on each specific Association.  Our practice and focus is Associations consisting of between five (5) to two hundred fifty (250) units.  We do manage Associations outside this range, and the focus on client acceptance in this area involves our ability to perform our high-level of professional services in a personal delivery focus.  That is our strength and focus.  We focus on value-added services to our clients.

Desert / Cityscape

Choose Your State

U.S. Map with links to California and Minnesota

In which state are you looking for property management services?